How to get to Deshons Retreat
Regrettably mapping apps and GPS navigation aids in country areas are known to select the shortest but not necessarily the easiest or most sensible routes, resulting in confusion for our guests. For this reason we recommend ignoring your GPS for a while and only travelling via the following route:
- Travel to Kingaroy town centre or thereabouts, then north on the Bunya Highway for 4km
- Turn right into Booie Crawford Road and follow for 3km following the wine signs.
- Turn right into Haydens Road, (There is a tourist brown sign that says DESHONS RETREAT) and travel 1.5km on some partially well maintained gravel road
- Deshons Retreat is signed and next to Crane Wines
- Drive all the way up to the homestead office to check in and receive the keys to your retreat